• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Assist Steering Drag Link Valve Problem

1958 M274

We are having a problem with the drag link load sensing valve on a M35A3 owned by the military museum that I work for. On this truck the valve just dumps the air straight through to the exhaust hose when the steering wheel is turned. No air makes it to the air chamber on the tie rod.

I tried searching the forums with no luck. I found someone that had a problem with air leaking through the valve any time it had air supplied to the steering assist system, but ours only leaks when the wheel is turned and it should be supplying air to the ram...

We tried taking the valve apart, but ran into an issue. When disassembling the valve, there is an allen head plug inside about 3/4" in diameter. It takes a 3/8" allen wrench and has lock tite or something on it. We can not get this plug out.

Does anyone have an exploded view of this valve?

I looked through our manuals at the museum and couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Joe

1958 M274

Thanks for the information. From what was said in the the links y'all provided, it looks like that part was not intended to be repairable. I saw where other people were having a hard time getting theirs apart too. We twisted off a Snap-On 3/8" allen socket on an impact wrench trying to get it apart! I'll let y'all know when we figure something out.
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks