• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air assist

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Originally it was regulated, but then they stopped including the regulator.

When mine goes in, I will use an on/off switch. I have heard it causes issues at speed, so I plan on using it only for parking maneuvers.

Thunder in NWOR

Located driver's side frame, by axle - good line drawings in the -386- TMs.
I have put 15,000 miles on my A3, with no air assist problems (have used a little air tool oil).
Mark

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When mine goes in, I will use an on/off switch. I have heard it causes issues at speed, so I plan on using it only for parking maneuvers.
It does give a weird loose feeling at speed. A on/off switch is bound to help some but I'm not sure it will completely eliminate the loose feel. From my investigation of the problem, I found that some of it is the air assist trying to "fight" you but some of it is also the amount of slack in the sensor valve. It moves in and out a small amount when it activates which will add some slack in the steering.

Mine isn't installed (I took if off a truck I sold and haven't put it on my other deuce yet) but somebody with one installed could disconnect the air and take it for a spin and see how it does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks