• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air bleeding into intake

just a question i have a few m923's and i just notice that one that gets used the most that when you put the parking brake on it bleeds air off into the air intake for a couple seconds then stops is this normal, the brakes work find and it builds and holds air great and i have walked around the truck and checked all the wheels and i hear no leaks.
thanks

MarcM35A2

I think that is normal. My truck does the same. To put the brake on, you have to release the air from the sprin brakes. And why should the truck wast the air when it can be used for the engine??? And the release valve opening is protected from water, dust and dirt, because it is inside the air intake.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a similar issue on my 923A2. When I apply the brake the primary tank drops 20 - 30 psi and I hear it in the air intake stack. I can bleed the primary tank to 90 psi in around 2 cycles of on off the brake sequences at engine idle. Not good. Any ideas why so much is air is lost to the intake or are you also seeing this kind of pressure drop? The CTIS controller is disconnected and one axle is missing the CTS valves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks