• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Brake Problems M923A2

Greenwood1

I am sure this has been covered before but for the life of me I can not find my specific problem.

This is a intermittent problem I have been having since I got the truck. From time to time the when I take off the parking break the brakes on two of the wheels will remain locked. I have had to rock it back in forth and go through the process of putting in in N and setting the brake again and then release it again and it will some times release. The more I drive it the less of a problem that has become. I am also having the problem of all four of the back brakes not fully releasing and dragging a little. It is not enough of a drag to notice when you are at slow speeds but when you try to accelerate it is very noticeable. I went just a short distance and the hubs were very hot. One of my friends that used to work on similar trucks suggested opening the valve at the rear of the truck where you are supposed to hook up the air lines for a trailer. When we tired that air rushed out and the brakes released. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are your brakes modified? Why is this posted in this forum?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure this has been covered before but for the life of me I can not find my specific problem.

This is a intermittent problem I have been having since I got the truck. From time to time the when I take off the parking break the brakes on two of the wheels will remain locked. I have had to rock it back in forth and go through the process of putting in in N and setting the brake again and then release it again and it will some times release. The more I drive it the less of a problem that has become. I am also having the problem of all four of the back brakes not fully releasing and dragging a little. It is not enough of a drag to notice when you are at slow speeds but when you try to accelerate it is very noticeable. I went just a short distance and the hubs were very hot. One of my friends that used to work on similar trucks suggested opening the valve at the rear of the truck where you are supposed to hook up the air lines for a trailer. When we tired that air rushed out and the brakes released. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Make sure that the vent on the right front glad hand cover is open and working. Otherwise your brakes can't bleed off air.

Have the brakes been serviced and all moving marts lubed. Sounds to me like lack of lubrication from the truck sitting and corosion building up on parts that are suppose to move.

oboyjohn

I agree with MidnightDuramax. Quite often, up here in Canada, the S cam bushings and rollers will sieze up because of corrosion from salt used on the roads. It might be time to pull the drums and service your brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks