• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Brakes

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is true…I had 3 or 4 minutes in my head from the post above. I’m interested to hear it.
Not a problem as I was thinking one thing and posting another. Also corrected some of my post's so anyone reading this thread is not as confused as me at this point.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to confused you oops I mean to help you. Also I see nothing wrong with the type of your air drier they just need serviced after so long. You might get a kit and service yours if it is not in bad shape inside like badly corroded. Been awhile but a member had some nice NOS air dries for sale here and it was almost a cheap as a rebuild kit. Take old off put new one on and you done. I posted it before but I tested my air drier on the 1088. Drain tanks first then run the truck down the road or let the air system cycle more than a few times and less than to much. Taped a piece of paper towel to a piece of cardboard put in front of petcock opened the petcock. One very small drop is all I got. So service / check or replace if you can find a good price. From the looks of your it has replaceable cartridge with oil coalescing filter and desiccant for the water built in. You will have to pull it all the way down clean everything not just change the cartridge but purge valve assembly too. Now if for some reason you want a new one make sure the air lines are on the same side helps. That is the in coming air from the compressor is on the same side and out going is same. The one I got from member was a different maker / model but the air lines were close to the same spot / same side. Mine compressor line was on the right side and out going on the left side. I only had to add a brass bushing for the governor control line so hook up was easy. My guess you air dryer or air charging system needs some love.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm not sure how to post a video so that you'll get the sound
Silly as it seems - post videos to YouTube or one of the other "streaming platforms" and put a link here.
We don't have the ability to host our own videos. Never bothered to ask why but there are plenty of reasons I guess.

3up

Here are the pics from today, looks like things have been moved around compared to other trucks I see on the site to facilitate the second fuel tank I believe,these are the pics around the different tanks and valves that I could get. I will post video as soon as i can with all the strange sounds this thing makes. Pretty sure pop off is coming from dryer under truck on passanger side. Both wipers work horn not so much.

Attachments

3up

I think the front blow off sound is coming from the dryer I'm going to clean that valve tomorrow but the rear looks to be coming from the rear axle driver side maybe CCTIS maybe. I'm going to crawl up under there tomorrow and put my hand up in there when it blows off see if I can see what part it's coming from

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks