• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Buzzer disable

rmgill

What about a timer switch. Get in Truck, Crank Truck Buzzer goes off, turn switch to timer (2 minute timer), buzzer is now off. Truck warms up, you get peace and quiet from the buzzer, then the timer will go off hopefully after the 60psi limit time is on. But, the switch could fail.

da_sgt

In reality if the buzzer bothers you, just shut off the power switch after you start up. I do have the buzzer hooked up on one of my trucks, and it is "loud". The best thing to do is start your truck, let the buzzer buzz, get out and do a walk around checking tires and such, by the time your done the buzzer should be off. Remember, if you have a turbo you need to "warm up" anyway! The thing I hate about the buzzer is, I once left the power switch on, and about three AM I started to here this loud BUZZZZZZ, I had to get out of bed and shut it off :shock: Of course it's a good warning buzzer after you lose air to let you know you left the power switch on :oops:

Dieselsmoke

cranetruck said:
I installed an "interrupter" that makes the buzzer go beep..beep...beep..beep instead. Still a good warning, but not annoying (it's also connected to the turn signal to give me an audible turn signal warning).
More info please :D :D 8)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'll get some info together. It's a small black box with wires and packard connectors, it's waterproof, made by yours truly.
I'll expand on it tomorrow with a picture or two.

pistolnut

The DOT does not require a warning for these trucks because they do not have air brakes. These trucks have air assisted hydraulic brakes. If they had true air brakes, than a CDL would be required even though they are under the 26000# gross weight limit. The air system is a convenience for the driver, as are the warnings and such attached to it.

On a commercial vehicle (which includes any vehicle with true air brakes) a warning buzzer or light is required. If memory serves, I don't have my FMCSA book with me at the moment, you are required to have both a visual and audible warning for inspection purposes, but as long as one of them is working you won't get a ticket.

mangus580

Its interesting you mention that Pistolnut, as we have an 87 GMC 7000, that has Hydrostatic brakes. It has a warning buzzer that sounds until there is hydraulic pressure in powersteering system. Must be someone thought it was a good idea :)

partsguy

anyone know wher I can get these buzzers? I need quite a few of them. 1 of the old part numbers is 8675930 stamped on the part.thanks!!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kind of off on a tangent but still on topic, I have a deuce that has a working buzzer but every time I put the parking brake on it goes off :? . I can see a lever that pops up next to the seat when the brake is on and when you push the parking brake lever down it shuts off. Anyone ever seen that and what's the purpose of it?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought that was too obvious, but probably a good thing, I have taken off with the PB on a couple times :(

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
partsguy said:
anyone know wher I can get these buzzers? I need quite a few of them. 1 of the old part numbers is 8675930 stamped on the part.thanks!!
I have a bench tested take-off that you can have for $20.00 shipping included to CA......
Marked Faraday Signal System 8675930

I have two each, actually, PM me if interested.

steelandcanvas

da_sgt said:
I'm sure that varies from state to state, I don't have to have a DOT inspection where I live in Colorado, pass all the scales and port of entries by. I for one hate the buzzer, I "m the type of guy who watches the gauge's as much as I watch the road.
I just do a vehicle "walk around" while the air is building up. I also have both buzzer and red light that come on with low air pressure, don't want to miss that warning while driving!

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i didnt like my buzzer and i guess the guy who had my truck before me didnt either cause it was unhooked and i got an itch to fix it one day. i later unhooked it by just unplugging the lead wire cause it was annoying. i figured that since the brakes still work with out air it wasnt a big deal not to have it. im gauge freak anyways and prolly look at them more than the road so i figured i would see air loss before i felt it