• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Buzzer not working, but have 24 volts and a good ground... buzzer works when hot-wired (Edited for clarity)

sha9

Whatsup Boys!

So I know many disable the air buzzer because it's annoying, but I view it as a necessary warning for when you lose air pressure...

Anyway, here's my question.

I'm getting 24 volts to the buzzer and it won't buzz. But if I hot wire it to the battery it works fine.

Here's what I did:

*Make sure the air gauge reads less than 60LB (emptied the tank actually)

*I bought another used buzzer and hot wired it to the battery... positive and negative. It works, while holding it in my hand.

*I then take the 24 volt lead that comes from the truck that goes to the truck's buzzer (double checked it had 24 volts)... and plugged it in to the used buzzer in my hand and left the ground to the battery directly. It doesn't work, or buzz. (the only change was I swapped the 24V wire from the battery directly to the default buzzer wire in the truck (which was still pushing 24V)

*as a sanity check I hotwired the buzzer installed in the truck to the battery. The one in the truck works when wired direct. So all buzzers are good.

My question: Is it possible to have 24 volts at the power wire to the buzzer, a good ground.... and no buzz?

A friend told me that "You can see 24 volts but due to corrosion(resistance?) you don't have enough "balls" (amperage?) to push the buzzer....

I'm don't remember a whole lot from my electricity class...but is that a thing? I can't imagine that I have proper voltage and the thing doesn't work. The TM says very simply, "Check for 24 volts, if you have it, replace the buzzer", which I did ...and it still doesn't work.

1. How would you go about fixing this? Is that a "take off every wire connector along the path to the battery, clean up the contacts to minimize corrosion and lower resistance" kind of thing?
2. Is there a way to test amperage and see if it's degraded?
3. Anyone ever seen something like this?

Thanks!
Shane

Last edited:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To further you friend’s advice, have you measured 24 volts to the buzzer while it is connected? If there is a high resistance in the circuit, it may show 24 volts until a load (buzzer) is connected. This high resistance would likely be the switch since the installed buzzer works when you jumper the positive side.
Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks