• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Cleaner Modification / up Grade?

fattboy123456

So for a total of $100 I spend doing a air filter up grade this pictures is the Air filter i picked up
20150926_155105.jpgb125003-016-140.jpg

Outlet Diameter: 6.00 Inches (152 MM)
Body Diameter: 12.50 Inches (318 MM)
Body Length: 15.00 Inches (381 MM)
Efficiency Test Std: ISO 5011
Rated Flow LR: 830 CFM (23.49 CMM)
Rated Flow MR: 1110 CFM (31.41 CMM)
Rated Flow HR: 1295 CFM (36.65 CMM)
Restriction LR: 4 In H2O (101.6 MM H2O)
Restriction MR: 6 In H2O (152.4 MM H2O)
Restriction HR: 8 In H2O (203.2 MM H2O)
Application Note: DIVERSIFIED
Primary Application: DEUTZ ALLIS 900025380434
Price Type: F
Packaged Dimensions
Gross Length in Inches: 13
Pieces Per Pallet: 27
Gross Width in Inches: 12.8
Gross Weight in Pounds: 10.97
Country of Origin: US (United States)
Gross Height in Inches: 17.2

fattboy123456

I made the decision that I wouldn't be ever taking this truck in 4+ feet of water and moved the filter under the hood verses using the factory stack because i want to put a gas fuel tank where the OEM filter was housed and increase the CFM at the same time this filter as posed in the spec above is almost 300 more cfm (550cfm is the stock filter) in the worst case scenario and double in the best conditions. I reused all of the factory boots and elbows with out cutting any of the factory piping because I had a 5" 90deg pipe from another exhaust off a 5.9 cummins I didnt need ....since I changed the Head lights on the truck the old head light Housing were perfect to weld to the 5" pipe to connect it to the 6" new filter

Attachments

Wayne from Maine

I have been toying with the same idea. One thing I noticed is the elbow going into the turbo looks like it could be a source of restriction, the way it bends and flatterns just before the air enters. I work with fluids a lot and elbows creates turbulance disrupts flow etc. just thinking.

My Agco tractor has a primary filter that size, and an inner one for the small stuff. I'd check the particulate specs before I got into the dust to deep.

Keep up the good work and progress pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks