• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air commpressor too muchPSI???

jasonjc

My air compressor seems to put out too much pressure 110-120gauge is pegged out and sometimes I hear the tank popoff let out air.
Is there a addjustment on the compressor or something????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the firewall there is a governor that controls this. CHeck your TMs for adjustment. Follow the 1/4" line from the compressor to the firewall right by the air cleaner housing

I have adjusted the air governor on the M-35 series previously. The safe operating pressure is listed at between 85 - 115 psi. There is an adjustment screw on one end protected by a plug. The cut-out pressure should be 105 psi, which by design will also give a cut-in pressure of 85 psi. I check the air pressure gauge first with a reliable second gauge hooked into the air supply at the co-driver footwell to confirm air pressure. Drain the air tanks empty of air and any condensation that remains in them and then close them up again. Start up the engine and watch the gauges to see if the cut-out is in fact 105 psi. Once the compressor cuts out at whatever psi is set, slowly open the tanks to lower the air pressure so the compressor cuts-in. There is approximately a 20 psi difference in readings. Cut-out to high? To adjust, take the cover off the governor and loosen the locknut. To lower cut-out pressure, turn the screw clockwise. After getting the pressure set, tighten the locknut and put the cover back on. If it happens that the cut-out pressure is to low, the same procedure of course, but turn the screw counter-clockwise. Hope this helps out.

"Born To Lose ~ Live To Win"
Evilone
CFB Gagetown
New Brunswick, Canada
1952 M-37 CDN w/w

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks