• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Air Cleaner Element?

buddy_holly

Has anyone found a place to get just the small air filter that sits on the side of the air compressor? I found the whole housing for sale but I only need the cleaner element. Or perhaps a good imposter might work too but I took the original to my truck shop to see if they had something similar and they looked at it like it was from outer space.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some were I believe just to be cleaned and reinstalled. I also like to run the line from compressor inlet to the air cleaner. Although it is unfiltered air I feel its' better. You could install somekinda materal in that line to give it some filtering abilty. Just a thought.

Heavysteven

I had to replace the filter you are talking about. I was unable to find a new replacement but rather had to call a dealer (CSI ) and get a good used one. I cleaned it with brake cleaner and reinstalled.

I will try and take a picture some every know what it looks like when i get home.

buddy_holly

Hey Heavysteven is that picture after you cleaned it? Mine looks like it was dunked in WMO and then baked in an oven. I don't think it'll clean up much. Is there a way to find out what it's made out of and maybe I can start searching for a good replacement? With how few hours this truck had when I got her I wouldn't be surprised if it was the original element.

jwaller

I love to know more about hooking it up to the air filter box. Thanks Jim
simply run a 1" hose from the compressor inlet to the nipple on the side of the air filter can. It's done on the trucks with deep water kits but IMO they should all be done this way. I did mine and I have no regrets.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to make some kind of bracket on the air cleaner housing to mount a small common air filter. An air filter like what is used on a lawnmower. The air compressor only flows 7 CFM i believe, so that would be enough. If it ever got dirty, it would be easy to find a replacement. someday ill get that mod done...

Heavysteven

What would be cool is if you tapped into the compressed side of the turbo. Maybe take out the flame heater and thread a hose bard in there, then run the hose to the intake, and remove the filter.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to make some kind of bracket on the air cleaner housing to mount a small common air filter. An air filter like what is used on a lawnmower. The air compressor only flows 7 CFM i believe, so that would be enough. If it ever got dirty, it would be easy to find a replacement. someday ill get that mod done...
I'm just replying to this old thread to link Wildchild467's mod that he spoke of above, for those who may have been curious.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...er-Upgrade-Oil-in-Air-Tanks-fix-Compressor-PM

Jeepsinker

The filters are made of fiberglass. They can be cleaned with brake cleaner like everyone knows already, or you can drop them in an ultrasonic cleaner with a degreaser solution in it for a few minutes and it comes out just like new.