• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor coolant pressure

BILLDEUCE

I was told that some way the compressor can up the coolant pressure due to the fact that the pump is cooled by the antifreeze if the compressor is not operating correctly or something not sure just wondering if anyone else had heard of this since I'm having a coolant problem on my m923a2 and have yet to figure it out

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. If the engine in question is a Cummins, The compressor head/head gasket can put the compressed air pressure into the cooling system. Easy way to check it is to see if there is coolant in the discharge line of the compressor.

idbankrman

The head gasket on my air compressor is leaking on my M925A2. Anyone know if the gasket can be changed without removing the fuel injector pump? TM section dealing with compressor disassembly assumes fuel injector is removed and the clearance between the two is quite small.