• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor filter

lawdog1623

Well guys the last few days have been adventure. Im in the process of painting the engine in my m35a2. I removed the compressor to balst in in the cabinet. I took every precaution to ensure the media didnt get inside the compressor. Much to my surprise there was more inside the compressor than was in the cabinet hopper after i got done. I was so ticked. It was nearly locked up. I took it apart andput it in the parts washer. After several hours it was sparkling clean and smooth as silk. I got the piston back in, checked to ensure that it lost no fluids around the rings and reassembled it. I had to custom make all new gaskets from felpro gasket sheets. I then got to looking at the "filter" and i was horrified. There was no way this thing filtered anything. I looked around and found no filters acailable. I was hoping to find a replacement filter at napa or somewhere else. Do any of you know a part number or have ideas?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd just get some of the finer abrasive pads (like they use for scrubbing teflon pans) and cut out pieces to fit. that should at least work temporarily. Another alternative is to go to a small engine shop and see if they have any air filters that you can trim to size.

saddamsnightmare

August 23rd, 2012.

How about connecting it to the Engine Air Filter can through the engine intake connection? At least you'd be getting air cleaned by the filter element. (I mean connect to the actual engine air intake hose, not the normal air compressor connection on the can, as that air is only filtered by the mushroom), but if you have the 90* elbow and stack as in a fording set up, there would be less dirt in the air compressor intake air....:?:

Last edited:

lawdog1623

well, this seems to be the easiest option. I want to make sure that it cleans it a little better than it was before. Ive been looking back at older threads and it seems that this is the easiest option. I just cant bring myself to place that pathetic excuse for a filter back in the compressor. That thing just doesnt seem to me to be able to filter anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks