• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Head Gasket leaking

idbankrman

The head gasket on my air compressor is leaking on my M925A2. Anyone know if the gasket can be changed without removing the fuel injector pump? TM section dealing with compressor disassembly assumes fuel injector is removed and the clearance between the two is quite small.

twinturb089

you do not have to remove the air compressor to replace the gaskets. It takes about 1/2 hr to 1hr to change both of them on the truck. I have done a few, without taking off the unit.

idbankrman

Ok so you are saying there is enough clearance between the injector pump and the air compressor to get the head bolts up and out of the air compressor? I'll give it a try thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done it on a NHC250 without removing the compressor but I'm unsure on a A2.

HHCMCG2

I'm looking for helpful suggestions on how to deal with my 91 BMY Harsco M925A2, 8.3 Cummins turbo diesel mounted air compressor. It suddenly failed to pressurize above 40lbs unless rolling at highway speed. It will lose pressure on slow down. I cannot detect any obvious leakage throughout system. Any suggestions?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Giant leak, try pressurizing the system with the engine off, sometimes you can't hear a leak with the engine running. Failed governor, failed unloader in the compressor head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks