• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air compressor issues

m35a2kevin

hey guys,
im having compressor issues, its hard to discribe, but my comp, is making this wierd
click pop sound, its like ,,, click pop click pop, click pop, it does it almost all the time,, it doesnt seem to be any damage,,, just annoying
thanks
kevin gibson

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which one do you have? Holes compressor always had a funky noise to it. Turned out the head gasket was popped out of it. Someone had assembled it with an orange goo...not silicone, but some soft, non hardening stuff. I took the head off today and found the gasket pushed out form the sealant. made a new gasket, and all is good now. His is the single cylinder, Midland job.

m35a2kevin

hey guys,
i figured out where this noise is coming from,, not the compesser but the firewall drivers side, is there somthing there i can ajust, that popping pressure sound is annoying
thanks
kevin

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you need to change your air governor. Napa or search here for previous posts.
btw, they do "pop" but not rapidly as described above and they are cheap.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Southdave has some air governors. He left one at my place, new in the plastic. Let me know if I need to send it out. How much do they sell for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks