• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Main line Repair

fpchief

My main compressor line has a hole in it at a frame rail by the radiator. I spoke with a parts house and they recommended using synthetic air line to replace it and that is a great idea, said the fittings may be different. My worry is that the air may be too hot coming out of the pump for plastic line...

rustystud

My main compressor line has a hole in it at a frame rail by the radiator. I spoke with a parts house and they recommended using synthetic air line to replace it and that is a great idea, said the fittings may be different. My worry is that the air may be too hot coming out of the pump for plastic line...
They where probably referring to "stainless steel covered Teflon" lines. That is used on many new trucks from the factory. It flex's and can handle the heat. Plus it will not corrode. I did it to mine years ago. I used the Parker 919 series hose.

Last edited:

fpchief

They where probably referring to "stainless steel covered Teflon" lines. That is used on many new trucks from the factory. It flex's and can handle the heat. Plus it will not corrode. I did it to mine years ago.
Think i will be following you on this...i would hate for the SHTF and one of my "always able to be relied on deuces" be deadlined due to a air that should have been replaced.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You will want to replace the the fitting into the compressor since it is pipe thread and whatever is on the frame. Your copper line is more than likely inverted flare. Not many hydraulic line fittings are that size but the compressor and your frame side will have a pipe inlet or adapter. I did mine on my 5 ton. It is about 4ft long and i ran it down to an adapter to go into regular DOT air line. The air is just hot as heck for the first 2 ft off the compressor so that 919 line holds up to the heat well.

Just figure out what pipe sizes are on the compressor and on the frame and I would use #8 JIC fittings as they are good size for flow into a 3/8 hose on the 919.

fpchief

You will want to replace the the fitting into the compressor since it is pipe thread and whatever is on the frame. Your copper line is more than likely inverted flare. Not many hydraulic line fittings are that size but the compressor and your frame side will have a pipe inlet or adapter. I did mine on my 5 ton. It is about 4ft long and i ran it down to an adapter to go into regular DOT air line. The air is just hot as heck for the first 2 ft off the compressor so that 919 line holds up to the heat well.

Just figure out what pipe sizes are on the compressor and on the frame and I would use #8 JIC fittings as they are good size for flow into a 3/8 hose on the 919.
10-4. Thank y'all for the info. I am not very good at hydraulic lines, air lines, and the mass of different fittings for all of them. I can take this info to parker and they can set me up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks