• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Main line

sti-nkr

Mine is leaking... I've checked all the web sites that were listed in my brakes issue thread. No hope. I guess I need a used one, or a good reliable replacement hose that would work. Will a rubber line work, or do I need to do a copper line like what is on there?

Thanks for the help in advance!

sti-nkr

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the area that has a truck like this... other than the Reserves station. I wouldnt know where to get this thing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, you can pick up a coil of the tube from homedepot. It really isn't that hard to do yourself. If you need a new compression fitting for the air compressor, let me know.

fasttruck

As mentioned by heavysteven tghe first thrtee feet or so of the air pump discharge must be of metal as the air exiting the pump is hot. Metalic lines can be used in place of solid copper on this as they resist vibration better than a copper line does.

kbush

It should be a flare or compression fitting. I would think you could use either one. It's just up to you to choose which one.

cessnatwin

When replacing any of the plastic line, just call someone such as Fleet Supplies, that sell big truck stuff, and it is cheap .40 a foot or so, there is an outer ferrel and inner crush sleeve that slides into the hose, it is perfect for use as fuel line also, because it is oil and diesel rated too... make sure you order the 2 ferrel parts though or it will not seal correctly!

How compression fittings work.

Compression fitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For initial tightening, place the compression nut on the pipe, then the ferrule. Bottom the pipe out in the fitting it goes to then rotate the compression nut 1 to 1 1/4 turns. After this initial time, tighten the fittings finger tight then add an additional 1/4 turn.

I dream about replacing all my air lines with 3/8" stainless tubing with Swagelock fittings, but I'm just weird that way. Or am I.....

Heavysteven

I dream about replacing all my air lines with 3/8" stainless tubing with Swagelock fittings, but I'm just weird that way. Or am I.....[/quote]

Love love stainless as well, every bolt i replace is stainless. Did the data plate bolts in stainless looks good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks