• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor pulley

nofearnohope

While driving my duece the yesterday, I noticed it was struggling every once in a while to keep from dying. My first thought was fuel, but the tank is about 1/4 full. After looking under the hood, I noticed the pulley on the air compressor was spinning intermitently. My fear was that it was freezing up, like ac compressors will do. After turning the pulley by hand, I noticed that it spun without any hangups, but that the belt had way too much play in it. As the belt only goes from this pulley to the Crankshaft pulley, how do I tighten the belt? It looks like the air compressor pulley is in 2 pieces, but I'm not quite sure how to tighten it back up. Any help would be appreciated.

AaronW

Reading the TM is important here as I'm sure you know. That being said, adjusting the belt tension involves narrowing the gap between the pulley halves.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a split pulley. There are 2 pinch bolts on the face of the outer half. These are loosened and the outer half is screwed into the back half to increase belt tension. As you tighten the pulley, rotate the engine every so often so you don't crush the belt. This procedure is explained in the TMs and a search should turn up some hits as well. Try the term compressor wrench and see what you get. Nevermind, I did the search for you!
Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Search Results

comdiver

If anyone need a compressor wrench let me know. I charge $30 for one or $50 for two with priority shipping in the USA. These are CNC cut steel in the same pattern as the military wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks