• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor question

ccf460

I am having a deuce maintenance day at the fire station. I am at the oil/filter change (just got done with valve cover gaskets), while the filters are off, I would like to make a new gasket for the back of the air compressor(it is leaking from the little cover on the back side that faces the oil filters). What is this little cover with 4 bolts and the pipe plug in the middle? Can I take it off regasket it and put it on, or is the world going to come apart when the cover is removed?

resqur

That is just an access port on mine. I removed it when the compressor froze and nothing jumped out at me. I don't se a problem with regasketing it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched and searched and could not find anything that actually broke down the air compressor?
What is this little cover with 4 bolts and the pipe plug in the middle? Can I take it off regasket it and put it on...
YES, you can.... if you mean what the red arrow is pointing at; that's just the air inlet port (W/filter canister). Depending compressor model it's on the rear or drivers side. That small filter should be serviced regularly!

G.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah OK. Just the rear cover.
Nothing should fall out when removed. No big deal to replace a gasket there.

G.

Last edited:

bigginstactical

On my Deuce the gasket is leaking on the bottom (#15). Is it safe to pull all that apart to replace? Also you said to service the filter often, does the filter need to be replaced or is it a cleanable one? thanks!

BIGDDV

on the cat, the front cover plate is the bolt access for the compressor gear. you would remove the small front cover, remove the bolt from the compressor and use a special puller to break loose the gear from the compressor inpunt shaft. then the compressor can be unbolted and removed to replace that gasket

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks