• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor

Lax

Okay. Thanks everyone. It sounds like I simply loosen the two bolts on the front and turn the pulley until the belt tightens. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay. Thanks everyone. It sounds like I simply loosen the two bolts on the front and turn the pulley until the belt tightens. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
Almost that simple, loosen the 2 bolts and turn half of the pulley.

LanceRobson

A padded 2' pipe wrench will work as a compressor wrench. Also, if you have a jig saw , 0r similar saw, you can make a field expedient pulley wrench from a chunk of plywood. Liberally douse the pulley threads with penetrating oil a bit before starting.

Loosen the two 9/16" bolts, hold the compressor side of the pulley with a big wrench or really large slip-joint pliers and turn the outer sheave clockwise a half turn or so. Then make sure the engine stop is pulled out and bump the starter to free the belt you just tightened the pulley down on. If you tighten it too much at one go you risk crushing a spot on the belt.

Repeat until you get the correct tension and tighten everything back up.

Lance