• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air conditioner

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but trying to find out if they sell longer hoses to move the inside unit a little far back? I have a 2-man truck and converting to 4-man truck.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but

y sell longer hoses to move the inside unit a little far back? I have a 2 man truck and converting to 4 man
Hoses are all Aeroquip GH134 hose, in sizes -6, -8, and -12. (so part number would be GH134-6 for the smallest hose.)

example of the -12 hose going from the evaporator to the compressor

Fittings are reusable if in good shape, though they recommend replacing the attaching clips.

Clips are really easy to open/close with the same tool you use for the CV boot bands.

The only thing different for the military setup compared to the civi setup that Red Dot pictures in their manuals is the return hose being -12 instead of -10. They also use fittings that go from -12 hose to -10 threads.

Red Dot Catalog. This has all the part numbers for the hoses and fittings. Very useful if you decide to adapt the Red Dot compressor/evaporator to the fender mount condenser.

Red Dot service manual

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any ac guy can make longer hoses and some parts stores like NAPA & hydraulic hose shops can also make crimp on hose assemblies. Field barb fittings that just use clamps are also an option for the diy.
thanks for getting back to me. this was the first idea I had, so in this way i don't have to run the lines from the compressor all the way back to where the unit is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks