• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Conditioning a Deuce

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A/C Compressor for the Deuce

Forgive me if I missed it, but what compressor are people using for their deuce A/C projects?
I have an M35A2. Your A3 most likely has the Cat engine. I used a Sanden compressor on my install. There was no ideal location for an Idler pulley so I used 2 Green Stripe belts. Has had zero problems and the cab is good and cold! Can't be without air here in Central Florida.

TexAndy

I have an M35A2. Your A3 most likely has the Cat engine. I used a Sanden compressor on my install. There was no ideal location for an Idler pulley so I used 2 Green Stripe belts. Has had zero problems and the cab is good and cold! Can't be without air here in Central Florida.

I wish I had an A3!

I've got a couple of A2s so your solution for the compressor bracket intrigued me. It looks easy enough to do. In fact, I was thinking I'd do the first one by hand, so I can fit it properly, then draw it in cad and have a guy I know with a 4kW laser cutter make a couple of copies for friends.

Which model Sanden did you use? Is it a 24V clutch? I was looking at nostalgic air, and they had 709 sanden chinese copies with an option for 12 or 24V actuated clutch.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i can make some brackets for the A2 and a sanden if enough people wanted one. it would probably be in the $80 dollar range. i am getting ready to pull all that stuff off my LDT since i finished the 9.0 install and i am selling the engine and such.
send me a pm if you really want the brackets, you still have to cut some material off one of the mounts on the compressor and put a heli-coil in that hole to reinforce it.
tom

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a 24V Sanden Compressor I got from Autocar in California as a complete setup for a new FMTV 2 1/2 ton truck. M35tom sent me a template I modified for the compressor mounting plate on the front of the cylinder head. I still have a master template for the multifuel engine. If you want one, send me your address. It saved me untold hours by having that template. Everything was trial and error and it took me a while to get everything right. If you start on an installation feel free to contact me and I will try my best to help you avoid many pitfalls. I spent considerable time putting pixs and descriptions of the install on the website.

Dave

TexAndy

I used a 24V Sanden Compressor I got from Autocar in California as a complete setup for a new FMTV 2 1/2 ton truck. M35tom sent me a template I modified for the compressor mounting plate on the front of the cylinder head. I still have a master template for the multifuel engine. If you want one, send me your address. It saved me untold hours by having that template. Everything was trial and error and it took me a while to get everything right. If you start on an installation feel free to contact me and I will try my best to help you avoid many pitfalls. I spent considerable time putting pixs and descriptions of the install on the website.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I will definitely take you up on the template. Sending a pm now. eta: Saw where Tom might let his bracket go. If he wants to sell me his pretty cheap, I'll just go with that, and then use it as a template to make a second one for my buddy's truck.

M35Tom, it's a good idea. I think it would save alot of people time, effort, and money to have a source for that bracket plate. And 80 bucks isn't bad for a prefabbed one.

I'm not flush with cash, so I'm in "as cheap as possible" mode. I think I can get a drop or two from the local machinist/welder in town for very cheap and use that to make one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks