• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air dryer question

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems the simplest things cause issues, I've spent over 2 hours trying different ways to get the plastic desiccant holder back into the aluminum canister, is there a trick I'm missing?

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disregard I got in finally by installing it and letting the bottom cover push into place, dont know if it will work but it seems seated

Ronmar

I never separated the plastic desiccant cover from the inner aluminum tube. It being on the downstream side of the filter and dessicant, mine was perfectly clean down inside. The plastic core, air filter and aluminum tube came out as one assembly from the finned outer housing. I showed re-assembly in a video. Have you seen it?

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never separated the plastic desiccant cover from the inner aluminum tube. It being on the downstream side of the filter and dessicant, mine was perfectly clean down inside. The plastic core, air filter and aluminum tube came out as one assembly from the finned outer housing. I showed re-assembly in a video. Have you seen it?

I will never remove it again lol

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of air driers I have the new style with the replaceable cartridge. How often or how many miles should they be replaced? Realistically.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Speaking of air driers I have the new style with the replaceable cartridge. How often or how many miles should they be replaced? Realistically.
The documentation offers up the answer of every 18 months.
On the other hand, I doubt that you drive your truck 40 to 60 hours a week.
Every other year should be way more often than required...

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great info thanks guys, I traveled 14,000 miles in the last year, never had any water come out of the tanks when I drained them. As far a leaks go, after 2-3 days the system leaks down for the most part.
Not bad enough to dig into the culprit. In my opinion.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great info thanks guys, I traveled 14,000 miles in the last year, never had any water come out of the tanks when I drained them. As far a leaks go, after 2-3 days the system leaks down for the most part.
Not bad enough to dig into the culprit. In my opinion.
My truck maintains about 95 psi overnight. And then over a few days it will go lower. Rarely lower than 60 unless it's very cold. I keep working toward perfection but it's not an easy task. The fewer the leaks the less load on the compressor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks