• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air dryer servicing

m0ng0

Been searching around; forums and Google without luck. Have a 1994 M1081 that is no longer purging air. Have air coming out of the air dryer (bottom port) and a friend suggested that I may need to clean or replace the air dryer. Haven't turned up any instructional info for this (cleaning or replacing)...hoping someone can get me pointed into the right direction. Many TIA! ~m0ng0

Augdog1964

Get rid of the piece of junk dryer and install a Haldex...

I had mine die too, while on the road... had to bypass to get it home.... we installed the Haldex acquired off of the bidding site, and never looked back... SO much better.
Heck the servicing instructions on the TM for the original equipment would have taken forever...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea got my new one from Will here on the board and glad I did. On mine the whole dang dryer was full of water but very little showed up in the wet tank. Also all I needed was a bushing to decrease the control line size to match the dryer everything else crossed over no problem. I did have the backing plate so just the cost of the dryer and bushing. If you go the new route order the backing plate and all but one hole lines up great. A rat tail file on the top left bolt and it's good to go.

Augdog1964

I didn't even bother with the 4th bolt hole... all three lined up great... and YES get the backing plate...

Its not going anywhere with the three bolts...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't even bother with the 4th bolt hole... all three lined up great... and YES get the backing plate...

Its not going anywhere with the three bolts...
My hero you not like me, Anal retentive but the top left bolt held my hot line bracket from the compressor so anal kicked in. M1088

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks