• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Duct for Air Cleaner

Hello--I have an '86 Blazer CUCV. I see that there is an opening on the side of the air cleaner that appears to be configured for some type of air duct. After looking at several other CUCV's on Ebay, it appears that no such air duct is present. Is there supposed to be one there? Thanks in advance

Tom Lovinggood

nyoffroad

Civvie trucks and Blazers did come with the duct work and a air "silencer" that was supposed to quit the engine. Don't really know if it helped that much with noise but it does bring cool fresh air to the engine.

cucvrus

I do believe it does. I do NOT have the bracket that held it. But on a CUCV you just zip tie it to the battery bracket. I was going to use it to snorkel my Terminus M1009. but Terminus M1009 may be SOLD if things go as planned. If NOT I will design an air intake from a HMMWV system. I have the intake air horn and that is a plus. PM me if you want further details.

I was looking through an LMC Truck catalogue and came across a picture of a duct with a mesh covering the end of it. It was not very much, so I ordered it, but much to my chagrin, it did not fit. The end that is supposed to mate up to the side of the air cleaner was too big to fit, and would take some major surgery to get it to fit. It appears that it may be used for the civilian K5 and that of gas engine. Did look pretty sharp, however

Tom Lovinggood

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks