• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Filter CFM requirements for 3116 and 3126

Recce01

Hi Guys,
Working on some new air filter options for a couple FMTV's . One has the 3116 and the other a 3126. Does anyone know the CFM requirements for both these engines? Thanks in advance!

Scott

PS i already tried searching here and google.

Lonnie

Nice chart...

You can also calculate air flow requirements for 4 stroke engines as follows:

RPM X CID / 3456 = normally aspirated air flow at 100% volumetric efficiency.
With forced induction, multiply the value above by (boost PSI+14.7)/14.7 to get max airflow under boost.

Engines can often operate at significantly less efficiency ratings (75-85%) for common applications, so the above is normally best case air flow with a safety margin for all but purpose built race engines which can exceed this value.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got a bunch of mrap air filters if you want more volume then stock for cheap.
If these are the same filter/cans that i bought from you a while back everyone that has a lm/fm truck should get one from you its probly the best thing ive done for my truck . It seems to breath easier and the filter replacement is 75% cheaper

AllenF

Recce01, are you changing the whole air filter box arrangement or just looking for a more economical solution? I ask as I am thinking of moving all the stuff after the cab so as to put a camper close to the cab and cutting in a pass through access so as to not need to leave the camper to get into the cab. Safety concern mostly.

Recce01

Recce01, are you changing the whole air filter box arrangement or just looking for a more economical solution? I ask as I am thinking of moving all the stuff after the cab so as to put a camper close to the cab and cutting in a pass through access so as to not need to leave the camper to get into the cab. Safety concern mostly.
This is exactly what i am up to. You can see my progress on instagram @endlessatlas ��

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what i did with my 1083 everything got moved but the tower in the center where the hyd pump sits!spare tire and all the tire rack tool box the only thing left is the airlift beam and the other sq tube that held the edge of the toolbox. I left the bulkhead on the bed and used the airlift beam and the sq tube for motor mounts for a 3 cyl 8.2 k kubota diesel gen sitting down in between the 2 beams with the radiator even with the edge of the bulkhead on the passenger side and got rid of all the breather stuff on dr side droped down below the same beams that held factory breather and mounted one of gimpyrobs air filter setups the mounted the factory toolbox from p. side and mounted it under the breather can and bolted it to the battery box steel frame then cut the floor out of a one trip 20 ft overseas container and welded it to the front airlift beam and the steel bed floor all the way around and dove tailed the back of the box . must have used 50lb of rods but you should be able to pick the truck up by the lifting eyes on the container corners

SausageGuy

Thats what i did with my 1083 everything got moved but the tower in the center where the hyd pump sits!spare tire and all the tire rack tool box the only thing left is the airlift beam and the other sq tube that held the edge of the toolbox. I left the bulkhead on the bed and used the airlift beam and the sq tube for motor mounts for a 3 cyl 8.2 k kubota diesel gen sitting down in between the 2 beams with the radiator even with the edge of the bulkhead on the passenger side and got rid of all the breather stuff on dr side droped down below the same beams that held factory breather and mounted one of gimpyrobs air filter setups the mounted the factory toolbox from p. side and mounted it under the breather can and bolted it to the battery box steel frame then cut the floor out of a one trip 20 ft overseas container and welded it to the front airlift beam and the steel bed floor all the way around and dove tailed the back of the box . must have used 50lb of rods but you should be able to pick the truck up by the lifting eyes on the container corners

Pics? I can not tell what is going on here.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not atempted to learn how to post pics but which part are you wanting to know more about?

SausageGuy

Right above where you type a response is a box with dots on the corners is where you post photos. I can not tell what is going on in your response with no periods. Just thought a pic is worth a 1000 words.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right above where you type a response is a box with dots on the corners is where you post photos. I can not tell what is going on in your response with no periods. Just thought a pic is worth a 1000 words.
Yea I get in a rush typing out a thought Its like a puzzle ive been told. Letter writing was never my thing

Recce01

I am thinking about running (2) D090073 models. They are rated for 381 CFM at 2600 RPM. My engine requires 745 cfm at 2600. I know it is cutting it close, but these are sized just right to fit between the cab and habitat. Thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks