• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air filters for the 30D36R 3KW generator

rustystud

Does anyone have a supplier for the air filters on the 30D36R 3KW generators ? I have looked all over and all the suppliers I have contacted have given me the civilian version, which is a round filter. If I have to I will replace the housing so I can use the round civilian filters. I will have to take the mounting bracket off the military one and install it on the civilian version though as they don't have the manifold heater on them and the brackets are longer.
Thanks for any help.

rustystud

rustystud

I just bought a 30D36R with 47 hours. It looks new but has sat its entire life. It needs air filter. Waiting to see how this unfolds.
I called and talked with a rep from "Jacks Small Engines" and told him about that page Chainbreaker posted. He couldn't find it for quite awhile ! After about 15 minutes searching he finally found it. So I ordered the filter and I hope it's the right one this time. Cost is $52.00 and with shipping it came up to $62.00 . I might just convert the generator over to the civilian round style ! At least those filters are only $18.00 .

Chainbreaker

Sounds like "Jack" needs better Point of Sale software to find what he inventories! That is quite expensive for a little ole air filter!!! I agree, next filter change I would be looking for cheaper alternate sources (perhaps use the other cross reference PN's in the 1st link to find a better deal somewhere else) or a conversion kit to eliminate the OEM filter, or take some time to fab one up yourself.

rustystud

Sounds like "Jack" needs better Point of Sale software to find what he inventories! That is quite expensive for a little ole air filter!!! I agree, next filter change I would be looking for cheaper alternate sources (perhaps use the other cross reference PN's in the 1st link to find a better deal somewhere else) or a conversion kit to eliminate the OEM filter, or take some time to fab one up yourself.
That's what I'm thinking now.

socalsrt

My apologies for bumping an old thread. My intention is just to archive the information for future members looking for this air filter.

I recently picked up a 30D36R generator and have been getting it serviced and running. When I received it, it was missing the battery, fuel filter, and air filter. It also had zero fuel and oil in it. Not too sure why they drained it completely, but nevertheless it was bone dry all around.

I was able to locate the battery and fuel filter with little trouble using the parts manual. Unfortunately, I could not find the air filter. The part number in the manual did not seem to cross to anything and several small engine parts houses could only get the round civilian one. After lots of searching through air filter catalogs I have finally located one that works. It is a WIX WA10168. It is also not common, however I was able to order it with no issues. It is a very close match and needed no modification of the air box or filter to fit. it would be perfect if it was a tad wider, however it sealed up just fine in my air box.

Side note, the generator starts and runs just fine. Zero mechanical or electrical problems. For people considering one, I would caution it is loud but seems to work very well. Diesel generators are hard to come by in my neck of the woods so this was a nice pick up. Hopefully this information will help someone down the line....
20210113_175554.jpg20210113_175511.jpg

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
My apologies for bumping an old thread. My intention is just to archive the information for future members looking for this air filter.

I recently picked up a 30D36R generator and have been getting it serviced and running. When I received it, it was missing the battery, fuel filter, and air filter. It also had zero fuel and oil in it. Not too sure why they drained it completely, but nevertheless it was bone dry all around.

I was able to locate the battery and fuel filter with little trouble using the parts manual. Unfortunately, I could not find the air filter. The part number in the manual did not seem to cross to anything and several small engine parts houses could only get the round civilian one. After lots of searching through air filter catalogs I have finally located one that works. It is a WIX WA10168. It is also not common, however I was able to order it with no issues. It is a very close match and needed no modification of the air box or filter to fit. it would be perfect if it was a tad wider, however it sealed up just fine in my air box.

Side note, the generator starts and runs just fine. Zero mechanical or electrical problems. For people considering one, I would caution it is loud but seems to work very well. Diesel generators are hard to come by in my neck of the woods so this was a nice pick up. Hopefully this information will help someone down the line....
View attachment 823411View attachment 823412
Thanks for this. Just picked up one of these units & it needs filters bad!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks