• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force Deuce?

MDSA

One of my sons is in his first year at the Air Force Academy and he has asked me if we could convert my Army Deuce to an Air Force Deuce. I said sure and searched this site for a picture. All I can find is that some/all Air Force Deuces had the chopped stack with the flapper. I found a thread by Receovery 4X4 showing a woodland camo deuce with door markings and the chopped stack, but no other distinguishing features. My son thought an Air Force Deuce would be blue and have other markings, as did I.

So any Air Force guys know something different, or is that all there is?

Thanx,

Brian

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked this one up on tuesday. It is the same as all the National Guard trucks that where in the lot. M35A2C

The only A/F markings where on the front bumper. Hope it helps.

WartHog

Attachments

Stan45

Older ones were also stenciled on the doors. US Air Force, then below that the "reg" number. The first 2 numbers are the year purchased, last 4 are the last 4 of the serial number, or sometimes we used the number in a series. K is the letter for "tactical" vehicles. Also commonly stenciled below the numbers was "For Official Use Only" In the cab you'll need a flight line sticker; it’s a small 4in square showing tower signal for crossing the runway. Ron Larson stencils sells them. We also have a fire ext mounted in the cab. The AF doesn't do much from that. Years ago...in 50's we did do some in AF Strata Blue. I can't recall an M-35 in those colors, but there always is an exception to the rule.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of another Air Force deuce...

The truck was up at Lakehurst and was really clean. I wanted it, but it went for more than I wanted to spend given it was missing the transmission.

Attachments

mcmullag

AFA

I work across the interstate from the Academy.
A rather amazing constant air circus going on there Mon-Fri....gliders, single engine planes doing ovals, and folks constantly parachuting.
If your son and his buddies and buddettes, needs to hear or see or ride in a deuce, I can bring mine by. Been on their property to go hiking, look around, go to a hockey game.... Mine is woodland camo and has army markings on the bumpers.

glen

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: AFA

FWIW, my M108 was originally Strata blue. I've taken items down to bare metal and the last color before primer is blue.

kurtkds

RE: AFA

There was an air force deuce at Ft Lewis today had a license plate on the back stating US Air force. I had Deuce of spades take a pic of it. Hopefully he'll post it. similar in color as the one posted above.

MDSA

Thanx for all the helpful comments. When he's home for the holidays we'll figure out what we can do about making it an Air Force Deuce..

McMullaq:

We were just out there Labor Day Weekend to see our son. They had a BIG tailgating party put on by each squad. Must have been well over 10,000 people. Good food! The upper classmen drove their cars and trucks, brought grills, coolers and all the goodies.

I joked with my son how nice it would be to have the Deuce there, but 1500 miles from NC; it would be cheaper to buy one out there and store it our there for his use. If he can get permission for you, would you want to show up at one of the tailgating parties? I know all the cadets would get a big kick out of it. If nothing else, I'll ask him how to get his squad to meet up with you sometime for some R&R.

Thanx.

Brian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks