• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force M35 differences?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at a 1987 M35A2... I've been told that all of the 87's were on an Air Force contract.

What are the differences between the older pre-87 m35A2s? I've heard they have a knockout for landing lights, a heater, an air lock front axle, and a dual circuit brake system. Is that true? What else is different?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really the only true design changes are the dual circuit brakes and the heater fresh air intake is underneath the engine side panel, not in it.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard top I think was standard on them.

The only real difference that cannot easily be duplicated on a pre-1987 Deuce are the dual circuit brakes.

What you won't easily get is a w/w Air Force Deuce. Not many winch trucks were made. But it's much easier and cheaper to retrofit a winch to an Air Force truck than a dual circuit brake system to an older truck!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks