• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Gauge Help.

Westech

CPL
Hey dudes.. well I got a new Deuce down in TX. The gauges were removed so I will be installing a new set before I hit the road. Have a question on the Air gauge. How does it hook up? Does the supply like go right in to the gauge or there is a fitting? Had this same problem with my 5 ton so I just capped off the supply line. here are some pics of the supply line and the new gauge.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You bought a truck with no gauges? What a Junker!

The back of the gauge is 1/8" NPT

The stock air hose has a swivel fitting on the gauge end. They have a habit of leaking when they get old. I would bring a new gauge and have a new 1/8" Female npt - 1/4" hose barb fitting, just in case. That way you could cut the old fitting off and replace with new, if needed. bring a hose clamp too.

Chances are, you won't need any of that, but you never know.

Your new gauge should connect right up to what's in the picture.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That loose fitting can lock up like a steel brake line does from time to time. I would think with some spray lube it should be able to be worked loose.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also I need a set of gauge mounts for a deuce. I have the gauges but need the "C" brackets that pinch the gauge to the dash. Anyone??
Do you need just one or all of them? I've got a few for sure but not sure if I have a full set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks