• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air guage hose fittings

hey there, went and looked at a deuce that if all goes well I will be picking up this weekend. Air leaks are a common problem as ive read many times. This deuce has a cracked air line that goes from the junction to the air pressure guage that lets all the air out becauce it is almost in half. I am unable to disconnect the line and take it to napa and figure out what size and what threads i need on both ends. additionally it is in the middle of nowhere so runnin back and forth to an auto store not gonna work. i plugged the line with a golf tee amd hose clamp amd test drove her and everything is nice. but dont wamt to rely on that for the hour drive home. Can someone please lead me to the right fitting sizes? or lead me to the proper thread on the forum with this info? my mobile phone makes searching the TM's hard. Thanks for the help.

rustystud

If your just trying to get it home then plug the broken line. You don't need a pressure gauge to operate the truck. Once it is safe at home then you can go after all the problems.

Kaiser67M715

I would grab some vacuum hose, either so the ID is the same size as the OD of the air line, or that the OD of the vacuum line is the same as the ID of the airline, and use some clamps to connect them- at the very least it will severely reduce the pressure loss

dmetalmiki

I would grab some vacuum hose, either so the ID is the same size as the OD of the air line, or that the OD of the vacuum line is the same as the ID of the airline, and use some clamps to connect them- at the very least it will severely reduce the pressure loss
This is exactly what I would do for the temporary fix. Cut it, Fit a tight (fit) good quality hose over both the ends, clamp them, and your good to go. As rusty said, do the proper fix when you have it home.

awesome thanks for the tip on "splicing". ill give that a shot, if that doesnt hold to the pressure then i can clamp a threaded plug or something into it as rustystud suggested! Im excited about the truck but also a little worried that ill miss my m1008!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks