• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air horn bell

jmejia4

Hello all, awesome forum, I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an air horn bell??? I picked up my deuce and the horn was just a high pitched whistle. when i got home i inspected it further and found one bell in the storage area under the driver side. Although it sounds good with one i think two would be better:eek: any info would help. I've already searched but can't really find just the bells.
Thanks in advance,
Jose

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need the long one or the short one?

I've had more than one fall off. I wonder is pipe-dope or loctite would help that.

armytruck63

I had a horn change from the normal sound to that of a dying goose. Sure enough, one horn had fallen off, but it was still laying on the frame rail. :shock: I put it back on and tightened it good and tight, but I like the low strength loctite idea. fat lady sings

PS: Welcome to the forum jemjia4!

Last edited:

jmejia4

Think i need the short one, but not sure, the truck isn't here right now so i can't check but i will tomorrow. Wow you guys respond quick on here.

DieselBob

I had a horn change from the normal sound to that of a dying goose. Sure enough, one horn had fallen off, but it was still laying on the frame rail. :shock: I put it back on and tightened it good and tight, but I like the low strength loctite idea. fat lady sings

PS: Welcome to the forum jemjia4!
Been there done that. Had the exact same thing happen. I used the 271 heavy duty thread locker. Don't plan on having to take it apart and don't think I would be lucky enough for it to stay wedged between the frame and inner fender again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost all strengths of loctite are nullified/defeated with heat above 700F. So, if you like to use high strength, it can easily be removed with a few waves of a propane torch, just so you know.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of mine has fallen off twice. Now, everytime I check the oil, the first thing I do is check the horns and make sure they are tight. I haven't tried Loctite, but I now plan to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks