• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Horn fix....

dm22630

My air horn sounded a little weird (I thought).....but since I never had an air horn before, I thought that it was normal. It was a loud wheezing sound....

Then it quit working. It just sounded like someone trying to whistle.....sort of like a lot of air w/no pitch.

SO, I decided to investigate & upon closer inspection, I saw that not one....but both air horns had unscrewed themselves. I hand tightened them up and pressed the horn button and deafened my neighbors.

WOW are they loud! It sounds like a train horn now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So, if your air horns are not a loud as you would like....make sure they are screwed on tight.....it REEEEEEALLY made a big difference w/mine!

Barrman

You can also adjust the little screw in the back. Speaking of train horns. Colton and I were driving the M35 yesterday and got to the train tracks about the same time as a train. He was blowing his horn and I blew mine back at him. He actually jumped. Then he smiled and waved. Colton thought it was real neat.

wdbtchr

I always thought the air horn on my M51A2 sounded kinda nasal, rather disappoinging, I guess I'll have to check it. Right now it is disconnected at the steering column because the horn blows at odd times and I've never been able to figure out why. Sometimes when you turn the wheel, push on the wheel or hit a bump it will blow. I've been looking for one of those horn buttons the mount on the steering column to use.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wdbtchr said:
I always thought the air horn on my M51A2 sounded kinda nasal, rather disappoinging, I guess I'll have to check it. Right now it is disconnected at the steering column because the horn blows at odd times and I've never been able to figure out why. Sometimes when you turn the wheel, push on the wheel or hit a bump it will blow. I've been looking for one of those horn buttons the mount on the steering column to use.
I'd say you more than likely have a bare spot in the wire that runs through the steering column and as you turn the wheel or hit a bump it shorts out aginst the column or it could be in the button.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Horn won't blow on my M108 unless the engine's running. Something about the vibration? Not worried about it, too many other things to fix.

BEASTMASTER

the horn blows because the wire going up the steering column is the ground, it must have a bare spot and when it grounds out blows the horn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks