• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air horn solenoid question

Chevyman_15237

I purchased a new air horn solenoid from Eriks... went to install and when I try to tighten up the solenoid I can't get the air supply to line up. I tried threading the solenoid from different positions, still can't get it to be tight AND lined up with my air line. I also can't get the 90 degree elbow to thread into the new solenoid... perhaps metric for some reason? ANy thoughts? It's been a frustrating day.....

Thank you all in advance!

6x6guy

Loosen up the assembly- detach from inner fender well - attach hose assembly to solenoid -
tighten and place assembly back into holes, some times its the only way- :roll:

Chevyman_15237

Thanks 6x6guy; I should have explained it a little differently... as I thread the solenoid into the horn, the solenoid tightens up and is about a half a turn away from where it needs to be to attach the 90 degree elbow and air supply line. If I turn the solenoid more, it will probably crossthread or rip the male threads off of the solenoid, or the female threads in horn. If I try to back it off, the solenoid is too loose and air leaks... hope that is a little more clear!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks