• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Hose Add On

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey y'all, I have a Fire Department that is wanting to add the availability of air pressure to a hose to fill tires or whatever. I know that this sounds simple but I thought that first I would run it by because I know somewhere out there someone has an incredible idea and needs to share it with the herd. So this is intended to open the floor for such ideas.
At a Fire Department anything that can be broken will.
I am looking forward to the ideas. Thank you and I almost forgot/ M1078/

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey y'all, I have a Fire Department that is wanting to add the availability of air pressure to a hose to fill tires or whatever. I know that this sounds simple but I thought that first I would run it by because I know somewhere out there someone has an incredible idea and needs to share it with the herd. So this is intended to open the floor for such ideas.
At a Fire Department anything that can be broken will.
I am looking forward to the ideas. Thank you and I almost forgot/ M1078/
$70 reel, 75' of hose from tractor supply Hook it in at the wet tank and put a shut off valve on it.
If they want it down low just bolt it to the frame in front of the exhaust.

Attachments

INFChief

You could fit the supply end of your air hose to a glass hand and simply attach it when you need to air something up.

Ronmar

You could fit the supply end of your air hose to a glass hand and simply attach it when you need to air something up.
Yep, I believe this was actually a tool kit item. You connect it to the rear red glad-hand and turn on park and trailer controls to send air to that glad-hand… you of course need to chock the wheels or have someone in the cab to hold the brakes when you do this.

I made up one of these initially to feed my plasma cutter(truck is a great dry air source:))…

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yep, I believe this was actually a tool kit item. You connect it to the rear red glad-hand and turn on park and trailer controls to send air to that glad-hand… you of course need to chock the wheels or have someone in the cab to hold the brakes when you do this.

I made up one of these initially to feed my plasma cutter(truck is a great dry air source:))…
Why I have 35gal total on my 920 with a 10kw hydraulic welder/generator to run my hypertherm 900 on the side of the road.

Third From Texas

I made my own but have never really used it. Been a couple years and I don't recall the specifics, but the truck has to be running and in neutral with the brakes off or something for it to work. Whatever it was always made me a bit nervous on any surface with a grade and I never have a co-driver with me to mind the cab while I'm out of it.

Ronmar

I made my own but have never really used it. Been a couple years and I don't recall the specifics, but the truck has to be running and in neutral with the brakes off or something for it to work. Whatever it was always made me a bit nervous on any surface with a grade and I never have a co-driver with me to mind the cab while I'm out of it.
Yep, The tap off the wet tank is a little easier to use…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks