• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Hydraulic cylinder

Ok this is not in the TM but i found this in Military Vehicles issue 91 2000 it says you need to put one ounce of OHT oil in it (MIL-H-6083) this to permit lubrication of the air piston cylinder the oht is a petroleum base hydraulic oil And the oil should have no additives in it keep it from attacking the rubber seals It says this is the problem with the air pack not working

jwaller

ya this has been discussed. most use a tablespoon or so of air tool oil. thats what I've been using for the last few yrs.

BEASTMASTER

yep, thats what we are saying . the air pac . you take out the little plug , squirt in a little air tool oil and put the plug back in. been doing it for 5 yrs, now and no problems. knock on wood. i do it three times a year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks