• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air impact quick connect on M923A2 air tank

klugpi

Has anyone put a quick connect air hose on there air tank? If so what tank should I put it on? Does it matter what air tank I install it on?

Last edited by a moderator:

quickfarms

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405569657.996911.jpg

This is glad hand one that I use on some trucks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405569717.456129.jpg

This is one mounted on an air tank. All you need to do is install it into an unused fitting on one of the tank just make shore you use quality pressure rated fittings and not the Home Depot junk.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First thing to do is make sure your air system is TOTALLY empty if you decide to do this. Any psi in there will turn any fitting you may remove into a speeding bullet!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why introduce a new potential leak point? Its really easy to use a $5 gladhand on the rear port. No need to get under to an air tank or any other junk, literally takes 5 seconds to connect.

goldneagle

Why introduce a new potential leak point? Its really easy to use a $5 gladhand on the rear port. No need to get under to an air tank or any other junk, literally takes 5 seconds to connect.
May I add that you get much more air volume out of the glad hand. I used a larger female quick connect (1/2") so I could use the 1/2" hose to run my 1" air gun. I also made a adapter to go from 1/2" male to 1/4" female quick connect so I can use my regular hose for airing tires and small air tools.

dilligaf13

Having an "air pig" or extra hand carried air tank allows for the extended operation of air tools. You'll find the air tanks on the military trucks don't have much volume. There's a couple threads in the Duece section about making "air pigs".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks