• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air in fuel line?

TACTICAL6

My deuce has been cutting out lately. It feels like it is getting air, or just no fuel. It usually happens in 4th or 5th, under load, like going up hill. It is currently running about 25% diesel, 75% WVO. The FDC has been bypassed. Below is what I have done to try and fix with no luck. And, yes I have searched and did not find my problem.....

1. I just changed primary and secondary fuel filters
2. Injector lines were leaking a bit from top of pump / tightened, not leaking now

Is it possible, that the viscosity of the WVO is causing this?

hoop

Usually sucks air at the primary filter.
New gasket and tighten the snot out of it.

TACTICAL6

Still having problems, getting worse.

Additional measures I have tried to no avail;

1. changed primary and secondary fuel filters
2. Injector lines were leaking a bit from top of pump / tightened, not leaking now
3. drained all WVO, added straight diesel
4. changed in tank pump
5. checked all filters/housings, no leaks
6. bled secondary fuel filters

It starts alot quicker now with straight diesel, but still cutting out under load, actually seems a little worse. I am thinking maybe next step is to checkout the injectors to see if there is possible blockage ( anyone have this problem from WVO? )

Anyone have any ideas?????

garp

check the flexible line from the primary filter over to the engine. Seen several leak and some that had been smashed by being moved with a forklift.

Westex

The fact that it starts better with the thinner diesel tells me it's an injector pump issue, especially with a starvation (read fuel problem) under load. I suspect injector pump problem, but I'm no expert here, except I've spent alot of $ getting them rebuilt. Try adding some (alot) of Marvel Mystery Oil to the tank and see if that frees somthing up. If not, start looking at I.P. threads.