• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak from transmission area, brake pedal like concrete

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes that's the way to go. I just did the whole system soup to nuts. Now no worries. On to other problems...

Dipstick

Onto other problems. I can identify. Whatever they put down on the roads in the winter here in the Poconos is eating my Brutus alive. Rust is my big problem, because Brutus runs great otherwise.

flvet352

Damn, I replaced the switch, everything was working great for several days. Then yesterday the pedal got squishy on me again and I thought the brand new M/C crapped out on me, but when I looked under the truck I saw the brake hose for the middle axle had blown. I mean it literally looked like flower pedals. I should have listened to the Tactical Repair channel and just replaced it all at once. Hell, after I put new hoses on, virtually my whole braking system will be new.
Now I have a new issue. I received a set a brake hoses and the rear axle hoses did not fit. I called the parts department I got them from and after measuring them they determined that I was sent incorrect rear hoses. The ones they gave me were way too short. Now the front hose looks to be the correct size, but the new hoses are 1/8 and the old hoses are all 3/16. Will this be a problem?20200724_122424.jpg

Dipstick

I would want the larger diameter hoses myself. I get my parts from Memphis Equipment. Never a problem with them. They have a mechanic named Chris who gladly answers questions and gives sound advice too.

flvet352

Unless of course the I.D. of the hoses is the same. Then it wouldn't matter.
That's where I got them. I figured it out. The 2 longer hoses are actually the front left and right hose. It is the other 3 that are incorrect. They actually say Toyota on them. I already spoke with them by phone and they have rushed me the correct hoses. I will probably have them Monday.

Dipstick

That's where I got them. I figured it out. The 2 longer hoses are actually the front left and right hose. It is the other 3 that are incorrect. They actually say Toyota on them. I already spoke with them by phone and they have rushed me the correct hoses. I will probably have them Monday.
Wow. Okay. I thought you might want to see this page from the TM concerning front brake hoses. It specifically mentions the little springs and attachments that keep the front hoses from rubbing against things when turning. At the bottom you will notice a little diagram of a large steel flat washer with a 1/16" hole drilled near the outside. This was my work around for the missing spring anchor plate that was clamped under one of the kingpin bushing retainer bolts. It's not a 100% militarily perfect solution, but it works very well. Especially if you paint the washer O.D. Green after drilling the little hole.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks