• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak, front emergency gladhand, no air at rear gladhands

us4korea

This is great info. We have a leak on the service side at the front. I capped it off and they brakes locked up. So uncapped and leaking is how we run. Thanks for the part numbers, NAPA here I come!

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Oxy, did you ever find the cause of the air leak to the front glad hand? I just got in a truck doing the same thing and wanted to know which way to start tearing into it. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Oxy, did you ever find the cause of the air leak to the front glad hand? I just got in a truck doing the same thing and wanted to know which way to start tearing into it. Thanks in advance for suggestions!
The culprit was one of the two way check valves mounted behind the driver's side step/box. I actually replaced two of those valves so I'm not positive which one was the problem. I replaced the top 2 of the 3 that are mounted in that area. You can rebuild the valves if you would prefer. I see you are in NC...PM me your whereabouts if you are anywhere near the middle and maybe we could meet up sometime. Don't forget the Denton rally too!

Here's a thread I started a while back to help consolidate some of the info that might be helpful. It lists several part numbers in case you need them. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?140345-Air-Brake-Info-and-Troubleshooting

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the culprit of my air leak, just as Oxyacetylene said, the top check valve of the three under the cab and behind the step had a hole in the diaphragm. Replaced with new valve and all was good to go! Thanks again! I located the rebuild kit for the haldex 25060 and I will just rebuild on the truck in the future. Since there was nothing wrong with the valve body you can unbolt the valve from the frame and only take off the line that goes into the end with the hex shoulders on it. This saves having to unhook the remaining lines and having to swap fittings to a new valve. The front check valve behind the bumper coming from the gladhand was also taken apart and found full of rust and not moving either. After a quick clean and spray of lube good to go. This is is a easy fix to an annoying problem!

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rage, the valve is a Haldex KN25060
the rebuild kit for that valve is Haldex RN11V

weldergq692000

Looking for some ideas on what to check. Whenever the System Park is disengaged, air is venting (a lot of it) through the front emergency gladhand. I replaced the one way check valve mounted beneath it on the T fitting, but that didn't help. I have seen some info online talking about replacing the check valve in the gladhand....but does the gladhand itself actually have a check valve?

Also, the rear gladhands are not getting any air. With the Trailer air supply valve set to supply air, does the System Park have to be disengaged for them to work? Maybe if another valve, like the truck protection valve, is faulty it could cause both issues?
Do you remember the part number for the one way check valve?

coachgeo

Do you remember the part number for the one way check valve?
Have you looked in parts spreadsheet; which one can reach thru the sticky/pinned thread, at top of this forum?

sometimes you gotta search around and learn a different common name for the part... for it may be listed on the sheet by that name instead.

if it is not on the spreadsheet; when you find it let us know here, and will get it added to it for the next person down the line.

pass it on

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks