• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak under dash

rustystud

The way this works is you go get almost any
kind of compressor and hook it up to the starboard rear glad hand however you want to do it.
Don't have to run engine, just pump up the air by remote so to speak.
Operate the brakes, it likes it , play with all the air stuff, Snoop the leaks {stuff is $4.89 at HD}, fix everything and be on your way.

You need to know the brake system 100% of time......................

Oh, in that "fix everything might take a week" is shorthand for the week but then you be done.
a picture for the General
View attachment 576218View attachment 576220
What happened to that poor truck ? Was it used for a demolition training center ?

RaggedyMan

Seeing as this air leak from the low pressure warning switch has everyone stumped I've just started throwing money at it. First you remember I took it apart and cleaned it (thank you Crestonian), when that didn't work I installed a new one, that also didn't stop it. I then disassembled the govenor, cleaned it and adjusted it but still no better. Today I replaced the govenor but it still blows air until it drops to around 90psi. I studied the diagram Frank8003 supplied (thank you) hoping the plumbing was wrong but it doesn't appear so.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd certainly be glad to hear them. If there is no fix I suppose I could plug the supply line to the switch, dang thing can't leak if it ain't getting air.

RaggedyMan

I didn't even know there was a modern switch. No matter, my mind was made up for me when I replaced the light switch due to a parking light failure and when I was done the low pressure light wasn't working so I plugged the air line.......no more leak, holds pressure longer and pump "works" less.

I think maybe next spring I'll look into a front wiring harness as the insulation on all the wires isn't what I'd like it to be. It is 50 years old and unlike me my "insulation keeps getting thicker with age.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks