• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak

mechanix

I have an air leak at the pressure safety valve on my air tanks. Does anyone know what pressure these are rated at? I am thinking I could get one for an air compressor and use it. I haven't dug through the manuals yet to see if it is in there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Should be about 140ish. You want it to hold 120psi anyway. Have you hooked a gauge to the tanks to make sure you are not getting too much pressure?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are standard air pressure relief valves. Can be bought at any truck shop (NAPA).

Like Gimpy said, you need to check your pressure to make sure is within spec (120psi) before you replace the valve.

mechanix

No I haven't. It leaks all of the time. It will bleed off allof the air pressure in about 15 minutes. I can get one for an air compressor that is rated for 125. I would think that should work. The manual just says not over 125 psi.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
125 is a little too close to the operating pressure. I'd look for one in the 140-150 range.

The valve is not ment to regulate operating pressure. It's a safety valve to keep the air system (mainly the tank) from exploding.

mechanix

Ooops. I meant not over 120 psi for the air system. Need to read these better before I post. I have looked and I can also find one set at 145 psi.

Last edited:

mechanix

Sounds good. I already picked one up at the local Tractor Supply. Just have to figure out the easiest way to get to it. Looks like it will be dropping the spare.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just take it out and clean and just tighten up on the adjuter to what you want. You don't need to replace.
Or just tighten it down a little while in place.

Last edited:

mechanix

I replaced it tonight and put ion two remote drain valves while I was at it. The old one is maked 150 psi. Just figured it would be better to replace. Hard to tell how old it is or how worn the spring has gotten.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks