• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Leaking From NHC250 Fan Drive Clutch Actuator

Rifleman

I took my M925 for a test drive today, when i got back i noticed a big air leak. After stopping the engine the secondary air gauge was losing pressure fast. Upon opening the hood i found air leaking out of the front of the fan drive clutch actuator. So can i take the actuator apart and rebuild it, or is it a part that you just remove and replace with a new one?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 4 threads at the bottom of the page under Similar Threads that should answer your questions.
[h=4][/h]

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are easy to disassemble and repair. I did mine without taking it off the truck and it took about 15 minutes.

randygk

I tried repairing mine, didn't work well. I purchased a new exact replacement from Eric's. Not cheap, but the right part and it's done.

Rifleman

Thanks Tow4, i took your advice and took it apart on the truck. I cleaned and polished all the brass parts, replaced the 3 O rings, lubed all O rings and bore with Parker O ring lube, reassembled it, it now works great.

Oh one more thing, some of the photos i have seen of other actuators taken apart have a brass needle valve stem with an O ring mounted on it's face. In my case mine didn't have the brass needle valve stem with O ring, mine was just a solid plastic needle valve stem with out any O ring at all.

Maybe mine was an older design or maybe a newer design, but i just want to let other members know that there are two types of valve stems on these actuators.

Last edited:

Rifleman

Machinist75,i am sorry to say i can't answer your question, when i left my last employer, they were closing down the whole plant, they were kind enough to give me two complete O ring kits. These two kits are made up of both Viton and EPDM O rings, and cover both thick and thin cross sections. The only problem is, the different compartments for each O ring size doesn't list a P/N, the only thing i can tell you is both kits were made by Parker.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Machinist75, I got the o-ring kits Harbor Freight, you just have to match them up with what you take out. Or you could take the o-rings to a hardware store and match them there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks