• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Leaks in Copper Tubing

ccbamatx

Hello there... new member here.

I just bought a M936A2 from Ft. Hood, TX.

...lots of leaks in the air system.

Questions:

1. What is an easy way to temporarily stop a leak in the copper tubing (hoping to get them all identified at once)?
2. Should I go back with copper, or is there another alternative?

Thanks,

WYomer

is the leak at the compression fitting? Either crank it down or cut it back and use new compression rings since they smoosh into a tight seal.

If its in the middle they you can cut out that part and use a compression union. Copper is good but most of the system lines are plastic with compression fittings. If you replace it get good line that can handle the PSI and UV.

ccbamatx

From the leaks I can feel... they are pin holes I can feel with my finger... like in the copper tubing running to the air horn... etc.

Don't know yet about the ones I can hear under the dash.

pjwest03

EO2NMCB

Go with the DOT plastic air line to replace the old copper. Much cheaper and easier to work with, I replaced a bunch of missing line on my m816.