• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air line size?

uh60

I need to cap off the air lines going to both glad hands. I just need to know what size caps I need. One cap on tee at reservoir. Second cap at booster cylinder. Both copper lines to glad hands are damaged. I plan on replacing lines with nylon DOT tubing. Caps are just a temp fix.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you want to "temp fix" this, which means you need to use or move the truck, but you don't want the ability for the truck to be towed safely - glad hands connection... (Not really sarcasm - just trying to understand why not leave open 'till fixed properly) Having said that, my 816 came with a broken off 'E' glad hand (red one) on the front (but no loss of air) and I haven't yet had the inclination to repair it...

Simple answer - I don't know the size BUT, if you are scrapping the copper lines, just cut off the tube/fitting that goes to the port you want to cap then take said piece to your plumbing supply and match the threads with the appropriate 'cap'. Cut's out any guess work and potential confusion. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
but you don't want the ability for the truck to be towed safely - glad hands connection

I am confused-can you rephrase or elaborate on this point?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is thinking 5 ton. Deuce's don't have gladhands on the front.

I think they are 3/8 or 1/2 caps needed.

Never hurts to buy both sizes and then the ones you don't need, put in the tool box. I have a set of plugs from 1/4 up to 1in in my tool box, never know when something might blow on the road.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally Posted by zebedeebut you don't want the ability for the truck to be towed safely - glad hands connection

I am confused-can you rephrase or elaborate on this?

Originally Posted by Ferroequinologist He is thinking 5 ton. Deuce's don't have gladhands on the front.
Sorry everyone - that's what assuming get's you. Well spotted Clinto/Ferro'.
Yes I was confused in that 5 tons have front glad hands and didn't know that Deuces did not. If not replaced (on a 5t) and capped off, then brake line hookup can't be done "easily" for towing.

Shuting up now - going to find a thread that I do know about W/O assuming...