• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Loss Question- Is This The Culprit?

Bhpdbrad

Just driving the truck (M935A2) to meet a shipper - when the Low Air light/horn activate. I see the primary tank reading is down to below 59psi and not building.

I only had a mile to go so I nursed it to my destination. With the braking action the pressure decreased more and I could feel the loss of braking efficiency now. So glad I could drive slow to the stop.

Once there, I looked under the truck and I hear and feel a lot of air coming out of the bottom of this...image.jpg
Whats going on here?
Any help or advice is appreciated. I plan on just having the truck broght to a service place but I'm not sure it will build enough air to get it off the flatbed now.

There have been no other issues - so I'm pretty sure this is the source. But I won't be surprised when I get told "Hey newbe - that's supposed to do that!"

its its on the truck now.
image.jpg
Im in Ohio - coming to CA!

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pull the valve and clean it or bypass it to get it off the truck. There are threads just recently about this. Or throw a new dryer on it. And that 935A2 is about a 2ft shorter than it should be and missing its 7ftx17ft box

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Bhpdbrad

Pull the valve and clean it or bypass it to get it off the truck. There are threads just recently about this. Or throw a new dryer on it. And that 935A2 is about a 2ft shorter than it should be and missing its 7ftx17ft box

You're right... Just saw the typo.. My fat fingers make up stuff when typing.

Thanks for the info on the air dryer. I have read the other threads. Just never saw it on my truck. Now I now. I'll try tapping it free first. Then cleaning It. Hope that'll take care of it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can also get a air line and put a gladhand on each end. Have the semi truck feed you air so you can get it off the rruck

sandcobra164

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?154619-Air-Dryer

Read this thread to learn what I have learned concerning this problem first hand. Many replace the air dryer or clean the expello valve and that fixes the problem. I replaced the air dryer, the governor, and still could not build air. I had an oddball problem! From my limited experience, I say disconnect the signal line, the small black on that feeds into the passenger side base of the dryer and see what happens.

Joseph

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks