• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Manual Steering

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I thought I would add to this thread since it talks about what I plan on doing.

I installed an air assist for the Haspin rally this past weekend. I understood it was assist only and not true power steering. I can't believe I waited so long to install it, it made a HUGE difference. I agree with others, it really screws up while at speed on twisty country roads. I am planning on getting a second switch for a (air shift)transfer case and use it to turn on/off my air assist system. It is only needed at low speed anyway.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew he was going to like the air assist at Haspin. He was driving around the farm grinning from ear to ear when he got done putting it on.

:)

m109a2

The older you get the more you appreciate little things like air assist driving a deuce no problem backing a deuce with a trailer no big problem but brother it is so much better.Al

XchaosX

I love the air assist I have on both of my trucks. Idk if I'd pay retail for one, both trucks came with it. I know a lot of people knock it but it is a huge improvement over arm strong steering. I also like your idea on the switch. I had a great pucker moment around a twisty bend today. Plus I'd like to install another set of air tanks, it loves to eat air if your doing a bunch of tight turns.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Has anyone used "non-stock vents" for the controller? Mine came with basic plugs that had a small hole drilled in them. I was wondering about using larger vents or even running the vents out some hose that dumps into the air intake. If I were to "T" them together, I'd only need one vent hose.

welldigger

Has anyone used "non-stock vents" for the controller? Mine came with basic plugs that had a small hole drilled in them. I was wondering about using larger vents or even running the vents out some hose that dumps into the air intake. If I were to "T" them together, I'd only need one vent hose.
Some kits came with the vents you describe and some were routed back to the airbox. That's how my buddies a3 is done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks