• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Matic A2 versus A3 differences?

Gypsyman

In my search for an air assist kit for my new to me M35A2C I was told that the Air-O-Matic kit for an A3 will work on an A2 but some parts must be changed. I've read what little literature I can find and every thread I've run across. I see no mention of the differences.

Is there any chance that someone could enlighten me as to the differences? If it must be an A2 kit how do I identify said beast?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the kits are all for the A3 and it comes with all the mounts needed for the A2. You have to change the right U-Bolt/ spring plate.
If I remember right.

Gypsyman

That's the conclusion that I was coming to also. Not sure why the seller was stating that there were differences. I've run across a few used kits but most of them have damaged air cylinders.

The hunt continues...

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

It's NSN is 2530-01-388-4240 and it's commercial part number
is 88902.

Gypsyman

I was reading the old thread about parts availability. Does anyone know of replacement cylinder seal (o-ring) availability? I tried Arthur (apbloom) but no reply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks