• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O Matic arrived!

toddm

I just got home from work and sitting on my doorstep was the air-o-matic unit from brianrbull. I bet you the UPS guy almost had a hernia with that one. I figured it cost me $8.66 a lb delivered, not too bad considering what it is. Now I have to find time to put it on. All I have to do next is get my spin on adapters from John Tennis, re-pack the five hubs I didn't get to last year and I'm sure something else will come up. Thanks Todd

Oldgrunt

Are you talking about the air asest for the stearing? If you are I just put one on yesterday. Everything you need is in the box or boxes. The prints - instructions give you the exact measurment for you hoses, there is none to spare so measure twice and cut once. Also learned a cool trick for putting on the hoses, use some NAPA or other brand of the tire bead braking liquid or goo. They will not push on dry and any other grease or gel won't work.
If you get into any trouble shoot me a PM, I'll be glade to walk you thru it.

Brett

jimmcld

KY jelly helps get the hoses on also! Remember, the hardest part is getting the rubber grommets in between the air cylinder and the spring bracket. I would do that on the bench next time. It's a real PITA.

saddamsnightmare

May 14th, 2009.

Thanks Brian, mine got in yesterday evening and I'm pretty certain the UPS guy wasn't enjoying life manhandling that box over to the front fender of the deuce!:-D
You are gonna save a lotta old guys from getting torn up by their trucks (which we all love so well, BUT they were designed for 20 year old drivers, not us old fossils), no more deuce thumb if I can help it!:razz:

Thanks again, and may God bless and protect you wherever you're off to.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Blood_of_Tyrants

A trick I learned a long time ago was to put rubbing alcohol on the metal and the rubber to get tight parts to fit together. The alcohol will quickly evaporate and leave your parts firmly together.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tip for your installations. I drilled the 2 holes in the tin for the airlines and used the provided grommets. I wouldn't do that again. I like the way the military run the hoses on my new M35A2 much better.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks