• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-o-matic part info needed

yorkgulch2

I installed most of the Air-o-matic steering assist yesterday but seem to be missing one or 2 items and have no pictures showing these parts or a completed install. I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for.
I am missing the bolt and bushings that let the air assist cylinder pivot at the axle bracket end. I can get a bolt but am not sure if there should be rubber or metal bushings between the bracket and pivot that the bolt goes through on the air assist cylinder.
Also there are no hose clamps for the air lines. I assume I should put hose clamps on the air lines.
Does anyone have pics of completed install for hose routing and bushings.

I tried the search but did not have any luck.
The number of missing parts are directly proportional to the distance to the nearest parts store!

sermis

Mine did not come with clamps. Use somethin inside the ait lines, sope oil, etc, to help is slide on and done.

sermis

I can't find my instructions. There are here somewhere. You might contact M35products.com, Author Bloom. He might send you some install info.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The included rubber washers included need to be trimmed(about 40%) to allow the air cylinder end (with rubber washers) to fit inside the bracket. A bit too wide is nice as they flex and seal better that way. Their function is to seal the grease in spherical joint. There is also two metal tubes that goes on that bolt. They go inside both the rubber washers and also the bracket hole. This tube takes the load of the nut/bolt and locks the spherical ball to bracket without bending down the ears.Tube is rather thin walled and need to be pushed in from outside the bracket, They should be flush with outside of bracket, top and bottom, before putting the bolt in. You could use black heater hose or silicone hose for the rubber washers.The hose fittings are push-lock, they do not need clamps.Jimk

Attachments

yorkgulch2

Jim,
Thanks thats what I needed to know. I also found a part number for it. It is 80314 Clevis hardware kit.

Sermis,
I tried to get hold of Arthur Bloom several times with no luck. Thats why I bought the kit from Boyce.
Craig