• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Matic power steering for the M35

aboonski

Availability of parts for the Air-O-Matic p-steering system

Hello to all of the individuals who have an interest in replacement parts for the subject power steering system. I just now got off the phone with a factory representative who indicated to me that no spare parts will be manufactured for this system in the future due to low demand for the product. I was quoted a price for a replacement cylinder of $800.00 so I guess a few of them are available at this time in case anyone is interested. All I need is the O-Ring and a replacement boot for my system and I will be good to go. I believe the factory will make at least one more production run before discontinuing the product line and I believe Arthur Bloom will purchase these kits for resale once they are available. I was extremely disappointed to hear that the factory will not produce any of the spare parts during the production run which does not make much sense when you think about it. Right now I have an Air-O-Matic that works some of the time but not all of the time. I just do not have $800 laying around for another power piston so I guess I will have to get used to hard right-hand turns every so often! Al Broadbent

apbloom

Hi, Mr. Broadbent and all :

I have just spoken with the OEM of the so-called O-ring (which is, actually, a "double-acting piston cup") and I will be able to provide that part you need, now and into the distant future. It's not just a rubber O-ring. It's a one-inch thick, 5" diameter metal disc with a double-facing rubber gland embedded in the metal disc's outer surface. The center of the disc is machined to accept the piston rod.

Since the part you need is the only one that we have ever needed to replace (because the piston sat around for a year or two without being used) we will make sure that there is a supply of them available to any old and new customers. The cost will be around 25 bucks each.

Al, if you would call me at 631-749-0100 at your convenience, I will be happy to send you one as a Christmas gift. Let me know you exact shipping address, and I'll get one right out to you, (along with a rubber boot) and you'll be able to turn in both directions again!

Arthur

apbloom

Update on the O-ring:

We now have in stock the only part that will ever wear out in your lifetime. The O-rings are $25 plus $5 shipping.

Alan Broadbent will be getting his in time for Christmas.

Thanks for your continued support!

APB

aboonski

I just received my replacement O-ring along with a new boot that covers the piston rod from Arthur Bloom by UPS this afternoon. Before installing the new parts I wanted to take photos to share with other members to show the availability of replacement parts for the Air-O-Matic system. Once I pull the bad O-ring out of the air cylinder I will photograph it and post an image to show where the problem was. This is a excellent power steering system and super easy to install. It makes parking a Deuce a breeze! Thank You Art!

Attachments

rrrr

I found a used system and installed it on my deuce. It needed a replacement boot as well. I found one online and contacted the vendor took about 2 hours of searching. They are out there and are wonderful additions to the deuce.

rebelliners

Any rebuild kits or any parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Any rebuild kits or any parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.
Cross posting (posting the same thing everywhere you can) is frowned on here.

Your question has been answered in the other threads you posted about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks